Wednesday, December 11, 2013

My Approach

My approach is eclectic! Just as each of us is unique, what helps you may be different than what helps me. So, the most important thing is getting to know you! In every case, I seek to use what works- that is, what studies have shown to be effective or what is evidence-based. Some methods I draw upon are:
  • Mindfulness
  • Guided imagery 
  • Grounding or Centering
  • Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
  • Expressive Arts
  • Gestalt Therapy
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
  • Bibliotherapy
  • Seeking Safety
Every counselor, including myself, also brings with us all of our personal and professional experiences in life. My passion for women's issues, LGBTQ issues, and trauma treatment comes directly out of my experience. I love connecting with others and sharing my belief that you're not alone, you can feel better, and we'll figure this out together. The resilience we're capable of never ceases to amaze me.

The number one ingredient in effective counseling, which has been proven time and again, is the quality of the relationship between counselor and client. For this reason, it's hugely important to come in and meet with a counselor and see what it feels like. You deserve a powerful connection to help in your healing work. In order to get the most out of counseling, finding the right fit is key.

Seeing as it is the second week of December, I want to wish you a holiday season full of the best kind of gifts- whatever it is you're wanting and needing from yourself, others, and life at this particular time. I'm wishing for our safety, happiness, and health- exactly when we need it most. Be well!


No comments:

Post a Comment