Friday, August 22, 2014

What is Woman Centered & LGBTQ Affirmative Counseling?

Woman centered and LGBTQ affirmative counseling is understanding, belonging, and support with awareness of the unique challenges that women and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer individuals face. I envision communities where we are safe and accepted for who we are, regardless of our sexuality or gender identity; this is the guiding principle of Many Colors Counseling. To this end, I will be at tomorrow's "Back to Cool" event to meet, connect with, and support our community.


I invite you to join in this free community event. Here's a snapshot of my favorite dorm room poster, which can be yours to take home from my booth tomorrow.


Not to mention, I snagged this beautiful rainbow American flag from our very own Junkman's Daughter's Brother earlier this week. Sign up to win it. 


Of course, there will be opportunities to engage. Write a message to a neighbor and take away your own handwritten note from a fellow community member.


I don't claim to be an expert as a young therapist but I do seek to advocate for a happier healthier world. This means getting out of the therapy room and working together, every once in awhile. Have a safe and wonderful weekend and remember...






No comments:

Post a Comment