Monday, August 31, 2015

Affirmations for Birth and Beyond

There are times when we must step into the unknown. Healing from abuse is one of those times. Facing the loss of a loved one is one of those times. Becoming a parent is one of those times. 

A few short weeks ago, when I was preparing to step into the unknown of giving birth, I turned to positive birth affirmations to guide me- and guided imagery to help, too! I want to share some affirmations with you in the spirit of healing that I think also apply to birthing a new life after trauma into being. Both journeys ask us to do something new and it becomes important to befriend our natural human fear of uncertainty to some degree.

Take full advantage of this tool if it works for you! Discard it if it doesn't. 

Affirmations for birth and beyond...

Everything is alright.
Everything is going as it should.
I am a strong and capable woman.
I am safe and sound.
My job is to simply relax and allow the birth to happen.
This is not pass or fail.
The wisdom of all women throughout time supports me.
300,000 other women will give birth with me today.
My mind and body rest easy.
My intuition guides me in the right direction.
I am deserving of a painless, easy, uncomplicated birth.
I am deserving of a peaceful, joyous, pleasurable birth!
I make the right decisions for myself.
I am beautiful in my ability to do this work.
My body and mind know what to do.
I am open to all of the love and support around me.
How I feel matters and I choose to feel safe.
I lovingly release the past.
Only I can give birth to this baby and I accept full responsibility for that challenge.
I am attuned to my wants and needs and voice them freely.
I embrace my inner wisdom.
I give thanks for what is going right.
I accept myself completely, here and now.
I ride the waves of my experience nice and easy.
My courage and patience get me through difficult moments.
I am ready and prepared for the journey.
I have exactly what I need.
My body and mind work exactly as nature intended.
My body is intelligent and will handle all.
In this moment, I let myself be at peace.
I relax my mind and muscles.
I trust my open heart to guide me in the right direction.
I trust my knowing of what is true for me.
I am aware of my balanced calm center.
I put all fears aside and lovingly welcome my experience.
Each step is wise and purposeful.
I can handle whatever comes up.
I deserve and receive all the love and support I need.

What do you think? Of course, we need concrete outer tools for our healing, as well- food, shelter, and medical attention, to name a few- but affirmations can be a powerful support for the inner work. May the spirit of healing be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment