Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Revisiting Scarlett: Coming Full Circle

So much has happened in the past few months. I completed my master's degree program in Transpersonal Counseling Psychology at Naropa University, my partner- now husband- and I moved across the country from Boulder, Colorado back to our hometown of Athens, Georgia, I started work at The Banyan Tree Center, and we got married and set up an adorable rental house in the country. Now, we have made it through the holidays and I am diving into my counseling work with renewed energy.

One of the things that I've been up to is writing an article for our new website at the Banyan Tree Center, which I am looking forward to sharing with you, on the subject of psychological trauma. Our wonderful website and Google expert, Mike Usry, is still putting on the final touches- so stay tuned!

In the spirit of appreciating where we've been, I thought I'd revisit an article I wrote last winter while still living out west. The counseling program director and supervisor of my counseling internship at Safehouse Progressive Alliance for Nonviolence (SPAN) in Boulder invited me to write a piece for publication. I chose the topic: exploring the impact of gender roles on our experience. And, after several weeks of laboriously and lovingly writing and re-writing, I came out with this autobiographical piece:

Click here to read: http://ct.counseling.org/2012/05/beyond-the-belle-transcending-scarlett/

It just goes to show, you never know what the next moment can bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment